2nd #TechMums Digital Training Club with Love Tech description
FREE #TECHMUMS TRAINING IS COMING TO THE ISLE OF MAN
After phenomenal feedback following our first TechMums Club at the start of 2022, we are delighted to be running a second 6 more weekly training sessions this September.
Who is it for?
This practical and in-depth ‘in person’ & online training club is for Mums in the Isle of Man, which will span a range of useful topics and equip them with the digital skills they need for 2021 and beyond.
#techmums programmes and initiatives are designed to support mothers becoming more familiar, confident, and excited about the use of technology in their personal, professional, and parenting lives. The organisation’s vision is to reach as many mums as possible, to ignite potential in not only mums, but their families, and their communities.
#techmums mandate is to create a safe space for women to learn.
Why is it important?
- #techmums research has shown that by equipping mums as the main care giver, this can strongly influence their children.
- By being better equipped to understand the emerging world of tech & digital, and how this translates into the jobs of now and the future, we are better able to influence social mobility for our #techmums and their families.
- Mums are the force multipliers in society. When you support a mum in becoming more tech-savvy, you are supporting her children, her parents, and her wider community.
- #techmums is all about making as big an impact as possible. Our programmes don’t just benefit mums, but the whole family, whilst creating female role models.
What will I learn?
- Setting safe passwords
- What is the Cloud and how to use it
- Staying safe online, including phishing, privacy, parental controls and shopping.
- Social media platforms, gaming, and shared online media apps (Netflix / Spotify etc)
- Managing family finances online, getting good deals and budgeting.
- Work place skills and how to use the Internet to look for work
- An introduction to App Design, Web Design and Coding.
IN THE UK, COMPUTER SCIENTIST AND TECHNOLOGY EVANGELIST SUE BLACK HAS FOUNDED #TECHMUMS.
INSPIRED BY HER OWN EXPERIENCE, #TECHMUMS PROVIDES COMPUTER TRAINING FOR MOTHERS SEEKING TO LEARN NEW SKILLS OR SIMPLY UNDERSTAND WHAT THEIR CHILDREN ARE DOING.
IT’S A GREAT EXAMPLE OF WHAT CREATIVE THINKING IN THIS AREA CAN DO.
ITS GOAL IS TO REACH AS MANY MOTHERS AS POSSIBLE, SO THEY CAN THRIVE AT WORK, CHANGE JOBS IF THEY WANT TO AND NURTURE THEIR CHILDREN’S INTEREST IN TECHNOLOGY.
How do I find out more?
- If you are interested in attending this course, you must be a Mum and be able to attend one, more OR all 6 sessions.
- Start date SEPT XX (TBC)
- This is a 6 week course but you do not have to attend all 6 sessions, only the weeks you believe will be of most benefit to you, but remember, the more we learn, the more we grow. It’s also a great way to meet other Mums and make new friends.
How to register ?
We will soon share more information and the dates for this brilliant course. Keep checking the website and our social media channels for the latest news.
- Date and Time:
- VENUE to be confirmed (Douglas area)