LOVETECH PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
This privacy and cookies policy (“Policy”) sets out how Lovetech (hereinafter to be referred to as “Lovetech”, “we” or “us”) uses and protects any information that you give Lovetech when you access or use our website at https://www.lovetech.im/ (“Website”).
Lovetech is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this Website, or otherwise when you communicate or interact with us, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Policy.
Lovetech may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This notice is effective from 7th November 2019.
The following definitions shall apply in this Policy:
- “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- “Controller” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data. For the purpose of this notice, Lovetech is the Controller.
- “Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means.
When you visit the Website or sign up or register for any of our events, competitions or programs we may collect and process the following information about you:
2. The Personal Data we collect about you
- name and age;
- contact information including telephone number, postal address and email address;
- demographic information such as postcode;
- preferences and interests;
- other information relevant to our events, competitions and programs; and
- information you provide when you use the Website.
If you have provided us with the Personal Data of another person, you warrant that they consent to the processing of their Personal Data and that you have informed them of our identity as a Controller and provided them with a copy of this notice.
3. How we will use the information about you
We gather this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following purposes:
- internal record keeping;
- to improve our services;
- to process your registration for any of our events, competitions and educational and mentorship programs and sessions;
- periodically send promotional emails about new events, educational and mentorship programs or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- for market research purposes; and
- to customise the Website according to your interests.
The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to communicate with you and in respect of any matter relating our legitimate interest in the effective delivery of information and services to you. We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring Website usage in order to help us to develop our Website and our services. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held about you will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or
- in order to enforce or apply the terms of this notice or any other agreements; or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of us, you or others; or
- where we have received your permission for us to do so.
We will not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes unless we have procured your express consent to do so.
We may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our Website or any other service or products we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send a blank email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. The information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser.
6. How we protect your Personal Data
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is secure. We protect your Personal Data by:
- offering you a secure transmission method to send us personal or company information; and
- implementing suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You can protect your data by:
- enabling security features on your browser; and
- monitoring the URL of the site you are visiting (secure URLs begin with https:// rather than the normal http://) along with the security symbol of the site your browser (e.g. a broken or complete key in Internet Explorer) to help identify when you are communicating with a secure server.
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your Personal Data. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any Personal Data which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
7. Overseas transfers
When we transfer any part of your Personal Data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or adequate jurisdictions we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is treated as securely as it is within the EEA or adequate jurisdictions. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. For the avoidance of doubt, we will not transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA without your express consent.
8. Access to your Personal Data and your rights in relation to your Personal Data
You have certain rights in relation to your Personal Data. Pursuant to the applicable data protection laws, those rights will not necessarily apply in all cases or to all Personal Data which is processed by us. You have the right to request that we:
- provide you with a copy of any Personal Data which we hold about you (see below);
- update any of your Personal Data which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete any Personal Data which we hold about you, subject to regulatory compliance which requires certain information to be kept for a defined period of time;
- restrict the way that we process your Personal Data;
- consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your Personal Data; or
- provide your Personal Data to a third party provider of services.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your Personal Data in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the Website choose to call instead; and
- if you have previously agreed to us using your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at the below email address.
You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Data that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your Personal Data, please send an email to email@example.com. We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to ensure that your Personal Data is accurate and up to date. If any of the Personal Data that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address, name, or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct Personal Data you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove Personal Data which is inaccurate.
9. Consent, Contact, Retention and Complaints
By submitting your Personal Data you consent to the use of that Personal Data as set out in this Policy.
We retain Personal Data for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. In determining data retention periods, Lovetech takes into consideration local laws and contractual obligations. When we no longer need Personal Data, we securely delete or destroy it.
If you are not satisfied with any complaints, disputes or information provided by Lovetech, you have the right to make a complaint to the supervisory authority. The supervisory authority for Lovetech is the Isle of Man Information Commissioner’s Officer who can be contacted via the following link: https://www.inforights.im. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the IOM ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
10. Links to other websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our Website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this Policy. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.Governing Law and Jurisdiction
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction